Thursday, July 05, 2007

More than meets the eye...


We had a great 4th of July. We went to the new Transformers movie. I thought i wasn't going to like it. I was planning on watching License to Wed while the boys went to see it,but I decided to go with them since the times didn't cooperate with our time schedule. The movie was 2 hrs. and 45 min. long but you wouldn't have known it. It turned out to be a pretty good movie. It was not boring at all. Good story and even some funny parts. My favorite "autobot" was bumblebee.
My hubby turned into a little boy while watching this movie. He was as excited as our 7 yr. old son-who I don't think blinked the whole movie!!!! If you have a chance to see this movie-I would. It is quite interesting too watch all the grown men turn into little boys watching transformers come to life.
After the movie we came home and had steaks on the grill. Yum!!!! We don't have steaks too often so this was a treat for us. I also made my family's favorite dessert. It is made from ice cream sandwiches, whipped cream, and hershey's syrup. Perfect dessert for a hot humid day like yesterday.
After dinner we relaxed and then went to see the fireworks. We only had our youngest with us this year which was VERY different. Our oldest had to work, the middle daughter went with her boyfriend to watch fireworks, and our youngest daughter was with her aunt and uncle. Not the same without everyone there.:( All in all we had a great day.

3 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

It sounds like a fun movie and I will tell my gang about it! I have a feeling they would love it. That desert sounds really, really good!
The rain stopped and we did get to enjoy the fireworks display at the park! In fact I blogged about it!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I would like to see that movie. Glad that you liked it so now I know that I will. We had a good time too with the McCoys but I was not feeling well and slept most of the afternoon. We went downtown to Hutchinson Island and watched the fireworks too. I am off to the doctor today. Throat is about closed. Love MOM

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi,I've tagged you for a fun meme.
Stop by and see what it's all about