Monday, November 12, 2007

Weekend Wrap-up

We had a busy weekend. Friday night we didn't do much, I babysat and the kids had their usual things to do. Saturday, we took our birthday girl to the mall to shop for her bday presents. It is easier now that they are older to just give them money and let them shop. They love it!!! Of course, dad and mom get to go and spend some shopping time too. I have never had a problem with crowds at the mall, but this time-OH MY!!! There were too many people there for me. Of course, we went to Woodfield mall and that might have had something to do with it. Bigger mall-more people.
Our daughter got all she wanted and was very happy. I also got something for me. I went to Yankee Candle and bought some more of my tarts for my candle warmer and also got another cool candle. I wish I could show you a picture but my camera isn't co-operating today. Will try later. It has this gel stuff on the outside of the candle and a votive in the middle of the gel. Well, the gel doesn't melt,just the candle,then you can put another votive in its place when that one is done and you still have the pretties on the outer part of the candle. I got one with fall leaves and acorns. The fragrance is Autumn Wreath. Very nice. I love candles.
After shopping we came home and crashed. Then on Sunday we had church of course and then had to go grocery shopping since we didn't get it done on Saturday. I don't think we have had a weekend home for quite a long time and don't see that happening in the near future either. Just too much going on. Oh, I forgot, we also cleaned out the basement Got rid of a bunch of things we don't need anymore. I love doing that,makes me feel a lot better.
Today, is a quieter day. Only 2 kids today. Nice break for me.:)

1 comment:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I cannot believe that you wrote that much on your blog!! WOW!! You had a big weekend. Glad that you got that basement cleaned out too. That would make me very happy too..Love MOM