Monday, January 14, 2008

I need you Lord

You know there are times in our lives when everything is going fine and we think we don't need to depend on the Lord for anything. I know I have been there many times and yesterday at church,sunday school and even the sermon were talking about depending on the Lord even when we think we don't need Him. We sang this song yesterday and it is soooo true(at the bottom of the post) Also, I was reading on Christian women online today and the same theme came up. They used the verse"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety‑nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety‑nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."Luke 15:4-7
The Lord loves us no matter what we do or even if we do decide to stray,but we need to remember that He is always there and wants us to depend on Him for everything.


Sometimes when life seems gentle and blessings flood my way,
I turn my gaze away from You and soon forget to pray.
But when the sky grows darker and courage turns to fear,
My anxious voice cries upward with words you long to hear.

Lord, I need You when the sea of life is calm.
O Lord, I need You when the wind is blowing strong.
Whether trials come or cease, keep me always on my knees.
Lord, I need You. Lord I need You.

Lord, help me to remember I'm weak but You are strong.
I cannot sing apart from You, for Lord You are my song.
Although I'm prone to wander and boast in all I do;
Lord keep my eyes turned upward so I depend on You.

Lord, I need You when the sea of life is calm.
O Lord, I need You when the wind is blowing strong.
Whether trials come or cease, keep me always on my knees.
Lord, I need You. Lord I need You.
Ron Hamilton

2 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Very good advice...we all need to live by this. We are in a bad way here now too with your dad not having work but we know that God will bring us through...Love MOM

Praise and Coffee said...

So true! I need Him more everyday!

Beautiful post,
Sue