Monday, July 20, 2009

what a weekend

Well, the weekend didn't turn out like i had thought it would. Friday evening we went to see the new Harry Potter movie.(which was really good) and I wasn't feeling well half way through the movie but didn't think too much of it. Then Saturday morning I really didn't feel well. My hubby had gone to the hospital to get blood work done for his dr. came back and we ended up going back to the hospital b/c I wasn't doing well. Ended up that I had emergency apendectomy. I guess my appendix was pretty infected which is why I wasn't feeling well the night before. I am so glad my husband decided to go right to the ER instead of the clinic b/c it didn't take long and we were gettting ready for surgery. Luckily, I wasn't able to eat that day so was good to go.
Surgery didn't take long. I was told it was only a 15 minute surgery. Of course I was in there for about 2 hours by the time all was done. My hubby was so upset with the whole thing. Poor guy. I felt so bad for him,but our church had some men come sit with him while I was in surgery.
Am home now and doing well. Just wish I could've brought that bed home with me. Pretty comfy and helped with the getting up part. Ha :) Mom and Dad will be here tomorrow which will be nice. We will see about the running around part this week. Not too much for me I guess. :(

2 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Wow! Thank God you were able to go to the ER and could get in fast!!

I know your Mom will help you with whatever you need the minute she gets there!!

Please don't overdo and have a set back. But I know later in the week you will want to get out and about!!!! Maybe by then you will feel up to it!!

Sorry you had to go through this.
Take care and love from Grams

Swappin' Spoons said...

Glad that you are home and that your parents are coming!