Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mrs. Goodnest

>
> A mom was concerned about her kindergarten son walking to school. He
> didn't want his mother to walk with him. She wanted to give him the
> feeling that he had some independence but yet know that he was safe.
>
> So she had an idea of how to handle it. She asked a neighbor if she would
> please follow him to school in the mornings, staying at a distance, so he
> probably wouldn't notice her.
>
> She said that since she was up early with her toddler anyway, it would be
> a good way for them to get some exercise as well, so she agreed.
>
> The next school day, the neighbor and her little girl set out following
> behind Timmy as he walked to school with another neighbor boy he knew. She
> did this for the whole week.
>
> As the boys walked and chatted, kicking stones and twigs, Timmy's little
> friend noticed the same lady was following them as she seemed to do every
> day all week. Finally he said to Timmy, "Have you noticed that lady
> following us to school all week? Do you
> know her?"
>
> Timmy nonchalantly replied, "Yeah, I know who she is."
>
> The friend said, "Well, who is she?"
>
> "That's just Shirley Goodnest," Timmy replied, "and her daughter Marcy."
>
> "Shirley Goodnest? Who the heck is she and why is she following us? "
>
> "Well," Timmy explained, "every night my Mom makes me say the 23rd Psalm
> with my prayers, 'cuz she worries about me so much. And in the Psalm,
> it says, 'Shirley Goodnest and Marcy shall follow me all the days of my
> life', so I guess I'll just have to get
> used to it!"
>
>
> May Shirley Goodnest and Marcy be with you today and always.
>

1 comment:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

HOw cute!! I had not seen you guys on IM's so I figured you had been without electricity because of the snow storms. I am glad to see you back. Thanks for praying for Dad. He is doing well so far. Love MOM