Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Jury Duty ???

Well, I was suppose to be at the courthouse this morning but I called last night(like I was suppose to) and they said if you are panel #24 you do not have to come in tomorrow. I was happy that I didn't have to go in but also disappointed b/c now I didn't have a day off like I was hoping. I do have only one child here today since everyone else already had back up sitters for today. So, we are going to do some things today that I normally don't get to get done.
We have to register the 2 younger girls for high school today. I just can't wait to stand in lines at the high school and wait for them to tell me what else i need to complete my registration.I have everything ready,but the way it usually goes,something goes wrong.:P I'm sorry this is not my favorite time of the year. I don't know why they want them to register soooo soon after school gets out anyway.At least they will get registered two days early. Now all we have to do is get a physical for our freshman and will be done-until it is time to register our youngest who is going to be in 2nd grade this fall. Man, summer flies by way to quick!!!!
Our two oldest girls are getting highlights today. Wish I could go get my hair done!!! I have to wait til everyone else gets theirs done and then mom gets to get her hair cut. At least they are paying for it themselves this time. Gotta love those jobs!!!!:)
Well, better get this day started. Gotta get the kids up out of bed-that ought to be a job in itself:)Maybe will have to bribe them with coffee and breakfast. They stay up way to late during the summer,but you are only young once and I think they should enjoy it while they can. There is only about 8 weeks before they go back to school.

4 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You know with you kids I was always last too..sometimes you just HAVE to make yourself first!! You need to be first sometimes too because remember you were FIRST!! Without you there would be no THEM!! Take some time for you!! I have found this week that I need that and DO NOT FEEL bad about it either...coming from someone who knows..believe me. Love MOM

Talk..to..Grams said...

All my kids are out of school but I still wonder why they have to get ready for the next school year so early!! and Yes take some time for you!!You sound like a great Mom!
Grams

Talk..to..Grams said...

And Culver's turtle sundae is out of this world!! Oh MY! Grams

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Julie. How nice of you to think of your children before yourself. But Sandy is right, it would be nice if sometimes you make time for yourself first. Hope you can go ahead and have that much deserved trip to the salon. Enjoy!

Take care and enjoy what's left of the weekend.