Wednesday, October 17, 2007

our get away

Sorry it's taken me so long to post about this weekend,but yesterday was so busy I didn't have time to post anything.
We did have a great time. It was sooooo nice just getting away by ourselves. We haven't done this for so long it was sort of hard to decide what to do without 4 other voices with their opinions telling us what they want to do.
We stayed at a really nice hotel/waterpark at the Dells. The first day we went downtown to the strip area and they had a fall festival going on(right up my alley):) and then we just walked around and window shopped. Everything there is very overpriced.Defintely a tourist trap. We ate lunch and then went mini golfing-of course, I did not win,but we had fun-that is all that matters.
We went over to the water park and rode the lazy river and got in the 2 hot tubs. I am not much of a big water slide person. All I'll say is NICE:)
We did call the kids several times. Missed them like crazy!!!!They all behaved and when we got home the house was picked up and dishes done. WOW!!!!:)Guess they did miss us after all.*smile*
I enjoyed the time away,but am also glad to be back home and back to routine.

5 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! It is always great to get away!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

So glad you had a great time but where are the pictures? You should put them on here for all to see!! We are still with the blogging babes. We have 4 babes left!! We are relaxing today!! Love MOM

K said...

Sounds like a fun get away!

Jennifer said...

Julie...it sounds like you had a great time! I'm so glad you got to spend some time just with your hubby! :)
I'm missing my kids, too...and am looking forward to getting home to them. I've had a great week though!
Love you! :)

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful and well deserved getaway.