Tuesday, October 02, 2007

When I say "I'm a Christian"

When I say, “I am a Christian,” I’m not shouting, “I’ve been saved!”
I’m whispering, “I get lost! That’s why I chose this way”When I say, “I am a Christian,” I don’t speak with human pride
I’m confessing that I stumble-needing God to be my guide

When I say, “I am a Christian,” I’m not trying to be strong
I’m professing that I’m weak and pray for strength to carry on

When I say, “I am a Christian,” I’m not bragging of success
I’m admitting that I’ve failed and cannot ever pay the debt

When I say, “I am a Christian,” I don’t think I know it all
I submit to my confusion asking humbly to be taught

When I say, “I am a Christian,” I’m not claiming to be perfect
My flaws are far too visible but God believes I’m worth it

When I say, “I am a Christian,” I still feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartache which is why I seek His name

When I say, “I am a Christian,” I do not wish to judge
I have no authority–I only know I’m loved

5 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

VERY nice, Julie!! i like that..straight to the point!! Love MOM

Talk..to..Grams said...

That is very good!! Goes right to the heart of everything...

I think you have already visited me today but when Kelly came home for lunch she put a video on my blog she had heard at work and it is so funny!! If you get any time today come and listen, it not long, just funny!

Talk..to..Grams said...

I am wondering how your Uncle's surgery went this morning.... I prayed last night for him. I bet your Mom is tired after that long trip. Thinking about you all. Love and hugs, Grams

Ej said...

Perfectly said.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for this 'poem'... stumbled upon your blog site and found it. Enjoyed your site, God bless you :-)